If you’re a true Call Me By Your Name fan, you might even be able to guess when and by whom the following 12+1 sentences were uttered. Of course, if you can’t remember or haven’t seen the film, that doesn’t stop you from reading the article:).
- „ How you live your life is your business. But remember, our hearts and our bodies are given to us only once. and before you know it, your heart is worn out,and, as for your body, there comes a point when no one looks at it, much less wants to come near it.”
- “I’m like you,” he said. “I remember everything.” I stopped for a second. If you remember everything, I wanted to say, and if you are really like me, then before you leave tomorrow, or when you’re just ready to shut the door of the taxi and have already said goodbye to everyone else and there’s not a thing left to say in this life, then, just this once, turn to me, even in jest, or as an afterthought, which would have meant everything to me when we were together, and, as you did back then, look me in the face, hold my gaze, and call me by your name.
- „He came.He left. Nothing else had changed. I had not changed. The world hadn’t changed. Yet nothing would be the same. All that remains is dreammaking and strange remembrance.
- “People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don’t always like who they are.”
- „…what we had between us was the total transparency that exists among friends only. Perhaps we were friends first and lovers second. But then perhaps this is what lovers are.”
6. „We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty. And have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to make yourself feel nothing so as not to feel anything—what a waste!”
- „We are not written for one instrument alone; I am not, neither are you.”
- ” Right now you may not wanna to feel anything, maybe you never wanted to feel anything. And maybe it’s not to me you’d want to speak about these things. But feel something you obviously did.”
- „Time makes us sentimental. Perhaps, in the end, it is because of time that we suffer.”
- „In the weeks we’d been thrown together that summer, our lives had scarcely touched, but we had crossed to the other bank, where time stops and heaven reaches down to earth and gives us that ration of what is from birth divinely ours.”
- „We had found the stars, you and I. And this is given once only.”
- „Nature has cunning ways of finding our weakest spot.”
+1. „“Look,” he interrupted. “You had a beautiful friendship. Maybe more than a friendship. And I envy you.”
Okay. Okay. One more, but only because we love it:).
„Right now, there’s sorrow, pain. Don’t kill it, and whit it, the joy you felt.”